Chaos Control is a Chaos Energy based technique in which one can warp time and space. It has shwon being used to freeze time in short bursts aswell as teleport completly to different locations. It is a signature ability of the characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.
Chaos Control utilizes Chaos Energy in order to manipulate the fabric of space and time to a degree only limited by the amount of Chaos Energy available. Due to Chaos Energy usualy only being avaiable to thoughs who are wielding a Chaos Emerald, a Chaos Emerald is almost always required in order to perform Chaos Control. Those not properly used to utilizing Chaos Control can also not do so without being in a form of Super Form. So far the only characters in the series shown capable of utilizing Chaos Control without any Chaos Emeralds are Shadow the Hedgehog, Chaos (while in his Hedgehog body), Mecha Sonic, and Mecha Shadow.
Space Manipulation Edit
A predominate usage of Chaos Control is to manipulate space in order to warp the user or another from one place in space to another. It also seems to be the only form of Chaos Control Shadow can use without an Emerald, being capable of teleporting short distances. This may indicate less energy is required then when Time is what is being manipulated.
It should be noted that to warp with Chaos Control focus is required, making it hard to warp while being under attack in combat.
A truly useful function of Chaos Control, the user becomes able to manipulate time and slow it down or stop it entirely. It is most seen in combat by Professor Utonium, Chaos, and the Mechas in order to stop time to deal rapid damage to the opponents that are suspended in time. A particularly notable use is when Hedgehog Chaos used it to allow Eddy and Double-D to land free shots against Mecha Sonic.
It is possible that one can use Chaos Control to actualy travel through time, but such a thing has yet to be seen or hinted at within the series.
- Professor Utonium (While wearing Power Prof. suit)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (With an Emerald)
- Shadow the Hedgehog (In short bursts without Emerald)
- Knuckles the Echidna (With an Emerald, or previously absorbed Chaos Energy)
- Corey (While in a Super Form)
- Drew (With an Emerald)
- Ed (While in Super Form)
- Edd (With an Emerald)
- Eddy (While in Super Form)
- Mecha Sonic
- Mecha Shadow
- The only member of the E-Fighters not to ever utilize Chaos Control is Zach.
- The only major villians to appear in the series thus far not to utilize Chaos Control are the Powerpuff Girls, who cannot use any form of Chaos Energy based techniques.
- Drew actualy utilizes Chaos Control with the Red Chaos Emerald in Episode 25. This is often overlooked as he simply teleports away in a brief moment.